Wednesday, June 18, 2008

damn near a week ago (6.12.08)






Last thursday I had a drilling job in North Bend (aka the place we always get nachos) so after we were done I took advantage of my proximity to the mountains and headed up for a hike. After checking out snow levels at Snoqualmie pass, I headed back east and hiked Granite Mtn. With the weird weather we've been having out here I was pretty stoked that it was blue bird up there. Only saw two groups of people out there in the 4 hours I was up there, so that was nice. There's still a lot of snow near the top and it would've been nice to have some poles. Oh yeah, I saw some critters on this trip and got close enough to get some good pics! Wasn't sure what the birds were at first but after reviewing Hoen's bird encyclopedia, I'm leaning toward blue grouse rather than ptarmigan. Feel free to correct me. As always, click on the pics to get a better/closer view.


No comments: